Lake Michigan Charter Fishing - July
We start the month of July still catching Coho salmon but the drop off considerably. This month is a mix of Coho with Chinook, Lake trout, and Rainbow trout. Fortunately for those who fish with Silver king charters, this is when we start adding more size to the catches. May and June are known for numbers but July and August are known for size.
Big Salmon and Trout Fishing in Milwaukee Waters
The salmon are putting on the pounds by this time and it is a great time to catch big Lake trout. We also start to develop an offshore bite for Rainbow “Steelhead” trout. Mature Chinook average 12 to 20 pounds, with some reaching 30 pounds. There are not as many Chinook as Coho in Lake Michigan but the fight is second to none for the King salmon. This is one of the best months to hook up with a Chinook salmon.
The July weather is at its best and big fish are waiting to be caught. We will be fishing from 30 to 300 feet of water depending on the species but we are usually in 70 to 120 feet of water on average. The baits will be flasher flies and spoons. We also offer the Salmon-A-Rama special this month and Captain Willy is a trophy hunter during this week.
- Dress for the weather – July in Wisconsin can get hot. We call a day before your trip to advise you on what to wear and bring based on the weather.
- Wear sunscreen and sunglasses – The sun on the water can lead to sunburn and hurt your eyes. Stay safe!
- A waterproof camera or video recorder – Big fish create big memories. Have a camera ready to capture the moment you make that big catch.
- Cooler – Bring a big one for the fish you catch. We offer storage for your food and beverages on the boat. No hard liquor or drugs allowed!
- Wisconsin fishing license and Salmon/Trout stamp – Licenses can be purchased online or when you arrive at the boat. Buying online saves time.
If you want to break a record with big trout or salmon, July is your time to fish. Schedule a charter with Silver King. Remember, we have a No Fish – No Pay policy. Book your trip now.