Lake Michigan Charter Fishing - April 2022
Although April weather may be chilly the fishing can be hot. Silver King charter fishing trips on Lake Michigan let you enjoy spring weather as you fish. On the Silver King, all equipment is provided. You just worry about making that legendary catch. We are usually fishing in 10 to 40 feet of water, using spoons and stick baits to catch fish. Bundle up and get in on some early spring action.
What Fish Can I Catch in April on Lake Michigan?
- Brown trout
- Lake trout
- Coho salmon
We target Brown Trout primarily during this period since they are more active in Lake Michigan than other fish. We do catch some other species too like Lake trout and Coho salmon but the top fish is Brown trout. This is the best month to catch them. It is your best opportunity to catch a limit of Brown trout.
World Record Trout in Lake Michigan
We catch them from 2 pounds to 33 pounds like the one boated in 2015 and 2017. We fish in one of the best areas to target Brown trout on Lake Michigan: in and around the Milwaukee harbor. The expansive harbor gives us calmer seas and warmer water to land fish even on bad wind days.
The Milwaukee shoreline also has an ideal structure for Brown trout. And we have the Oak Creek power plant to motor to that has a warm water discharge. This attracts fish when the water is very cold. We simply have a world-class Brown trout fishery right in our backyard that once held the world record and will again. The potential of a 50 pound Brown trout exists here!
- Dress for the weather – April in Wisconsin is no guarantee of mild spring weather. Don’t worry – we call a day before your trip to advise you on what to wear and bring based on weather conditions.
- Wear sunscreen and sunglasses – Even if the weather is cool, there won’t be shade on the lake. Protect your skin and eyes from the sun so you don’t miss out on the fish!
- A waterproof camera or video recorder – Capture your catch in more ways than one! Document your time out on the water without risking your smartphone.
- Cooler – Bring one for the fish you catch. We have storage for your food and beverages. No hard liquor or drugs allowed!
- Wisconsin fishing license and Salmon/Trout stamp – Start your season right and get your paperwork taken care of in April. Licenses can be purchased online or when you arrive at the boat. Buying online saves time.
Fishing in April is a great way to warm up for the rest of the year. At Silver King Charters, we have a No Fish – No Pay policy. You heard right – we believe you deserve what you pay for. Arrange your April charter now before we’re all booked up!